Jacket · Kwik Sew K4015

Kwik Sew 4015 View B

After my success with K4015  view A, a quilted jacket here   I though I would give view B a try.

The back of View B is longer than front, is lined with contrast fabric, has patch pockets, hood with drawstring in casing and snap closures.

The showerproof fabric is called April showers and the lining is Oxford shirting fabric both from Fabworks Online.

I decided cut the back the same length as the front, as I was unsure I would like the back being longer than the front.

I found the buttons in my button tin, I think they were originally off a cardigan, and the large press studs I found in my  mums sewing bits which I have inherited.  I used the eyelets that came with my Prym pliers and then discovered that cord for the hood was too thick for the eyelets!  eBay to the rescue, and a long trainer shoelace was ordered and it worked well.

The reluctant photographer was persuaded to take a few photos.

rain jacket pockets
Kwik Sew 4015 View  B
rain jacket inside
Kwik Sew 4015 View B
rain jacket front
Kwik Sew View B

Just need some warmer weather now so I can wear it!

 

 

Jacket · Kwik Sew K4015 · Sewing

Quilted Jacket – Kwik Sew 4015 View A

Another catch up post.

Kwik Sew 4015 is one of those patterns with terrible photos, you really have to look at the line drawing and look past the front of the envelope and use your imagination.

k4015 front

k4015 back

Jackets have long sleeves. A: Stand-up collar, button closures and purchased bias binding.

Double sided quilted fabric is recommend for this jacket, but I couldn’t find any so I settled for 1 sided cotton quilted fabric from Minevra and added a lining from my stash

PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA

I originally cut out a large, but it was far too big, so I unpicked it and cut it down to a medium, I always seem to think I am bigger than I am.

I cut out the lining using the same pattern pieces as the jacket except for the collar which is constructed from two pieces of quilted fabric.

There are pockets in the side seams but they seamed to be too far back to be comfortable, so  I added patch pockets to the front and I am so glad I did.

I finished the jacket with  ready made bias binding, 15mm anorak press fasteners, instead of buttons    I treated myself to a Prym Vario pliers kit, although I had difficulty getting the fasteners into the fabric, I had to enlist my husband to use a bit of brut force.

PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA

PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERAPENTAX DIGITAL CAMERAPENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA

 

PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA

I am really pleased with the fit and have worn it a lot with jeans, with skirts to work and here with an unblogged Molly dress.