When we got the garden table and chairs out this summer they were looking a bit tatty, a couple of coats of teak oil and they looked much better, but they have never been very comfortable chairs so I thought I would make some cushions.
I had this home decor fabric purchased in Oxfam, 2 pieces one measuring 1 3/4 yards and another measuring just under a yard The green fabric is from my stash, I have had this so long I cant remember were it came from.
A quick visit to Dunelm for piping cord and cushion inserts, originally I planned to use ready made cushion inserts, but as they didn’t have the size I wanted, I bought memory foam instead.
I made up the cushion inserts from curtain lining (from stash) and stuffed them with memory foam filling. which is like foam worms with paper circles on the ends, this paper is a pain, as it gets everywhere!
I made about 12 metres of bias binding from the plain green fabric and with the piping cord sandwiched between the binding, pinned it to the right side of the front cushion piece
Using a zipper foot I stitched as close to the piping as possible, after I had made half the cushions I bought a piping foot which made it a bit easier and a little bit more even.
The cushions have envelope backs.
I am very pleased with the finished results, adding the piping give a nice finish to the cushions, now what else can I add piping to………….