I thought I would give the Sorbetto top another go and try to get the fit right this time. My first effort was too big on the shoulders and neck and gaping around the armholes. So being a bit lazy I added a dart to both armholes and shortened the shoulders, this worked but the armholes were a pretty weird shape.
But I really wanted to make a few more of these tops – I’m a vest cardigan type of girl, so I gritted my teeth and made a muslin, not something I usually do (lazy again).
I cut the pattern down to a size 8 and using an old duvet cover for fabric, cut out and stitched up the top, this was good fit on the shoulder and neck, but tight across the bust and still gaping around the armholes.
So more gritted teeth and its time for a FBA! (full bust adjustment), lots of reading of blogs and the Colette Handbook.
and this very help tutorial from http://www.icouldmakethat.org/post/8645132572/full-bust-adjustment-on-sorbetto
I also graded the side seams from a size 8 to a 10 and the bottom at a 12 to cut off later.
It may not be perfect, but I am pretty pleased with it.